What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad cable + adapter = camera connection kit?

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi!
does anyone know if there is anything else in the camera connection kit except the pure changing of the interface?
or asked the other way round: if i connect a usb femal to male adapter to the cable which is used to connect the ipad to the computer will i be able to plug for example an usb drive in (which apparently works with the camera connection kit)? would be really cool as i could encode tons of movies, save them on the stick and just use them when i need them.

Rcairncross76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine didn't work, but great idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember hearing that idevises recognise attached devices via their resistance therefore the iPad will only recognise a camera if the adaptor has the required resistance.

OP
S

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm that is not good news.
i definitely wont be spending money on the kit.
apart from this would be a usb drive connected by cable be so much better for example when sitting in a plane or so as the camera connection kit with connected usb drive i very long and very likely o break off.
:(

i must say the ipad is a great device but really made me not like apple.
i never had problems with my mac and could bother to try things with the iphone but the restrictions get very obvious when using the ipad (or trying to make it work for me)

Most reactions

Latest posts