What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wary about the Ipad 2

OP
K

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About your concern on video. I've had the same concerns but I'm willing to shove out $8 a month to watch hulu Plus on my TV using the HDMI our on the iPad 2. This way I can finally cancel cable ($70/month.)

Hulu is not available in Canada and I've checked out Netflix in Canada and it sucks so what you said is a moot point for me. :( Congratulations to you though! Cable is too pricey (though I have it)

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hulu is not available in Canada and I've checked out Netflix in Canada and it sucks so what you said is a moot point for me. :( Congratulations to you though! Cable is too pricey (though I have it)

Sorry I wan't aware of this. I just assumed all websites were available world-wide unless governments block them.

OP
K

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry I wan't aware of this. I just assumed all websites were available world-wide unless governments block them.

Nope, there's no policing of anything here, I think it's a Hulu thing, Hulu is not available to anyone outside the U.S.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a media copyright issue. The same applies in the UK - we can't access Netflix. Their server checks the IP address of the client and won't serve to an IP address outside North America. Similarly, the BBC's iPlayer currently won't allow users outside the UK to access because the organisation is paid for by UK citizens and it is perceived as unfair to them that people in, say, the US should be able to watch but not pay.

However, in the case of iPlayer, the BBC is close to releasing a subscription service for non-UK residents.

Tim
Scotland

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The longer I wait, the more the appeal of the whole thing feels like it's diminishing. :\ I'm also STILL worried about backlight bleeding as well, if I even manage to be able to buy an iPad 2.

It seems you should just hold off if you're not comfortable with a purchase. Buyer's remorse isn't good. Perhaps let it go for now and revisit the notion in a few months or even wait till next year when the iPad3 will likely be released and there'll be other choices.

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This way I can finally cancel cable ($70/month.)

Off topic, but if you cancel cable, then doesn't your internet jump way up in cost? I'm dealing w/ this issue now... the bundling make it hardly worthwhile to have only one or two services.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people don't consider Cable and Cable based Internet the same thing. I have cable Internet but no TV channels beyond the basic. Also maybe he dropped his cable provider and has just gone with the 3G data service. :)

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This way I can finally cancel cable ($70/month.)

Off topic, but if you cancel cable, then doesn't your internet jump way up in cost? I'm dealing w/ this issue now... the bundling make it hardly worthwhile to have only one or two services.

Yea it goes up to $55 where it was $40 bundled. $55+$8 for Hulu Plus is still better than $110.

T&C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kirwin said:
I'm concerned about flash also... so I went down to the Apple store for advice. They recommended iSwifter and/or Skyfire. I won't know 'til I have a chance to play... that is; when my iPad 2 finally arrives.

Here's a bit of info about iSwifter posted on Engadget...

iPad gets Flash yet again with iSwifter app, Android version coming soon (hands-on) -- Engadget

Hope this helps answers one of your questions.

Skyfire show flash and video great and had been upgrade for iPad 2

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea it goes up to $55 where it was $40 bundled. $55+$8 for Hulu Plus is still better than $110.
That's not bad. I'd like to pull the plug on TV. I'll be upgrading from DSl to Fios 25MB this week (just in time for my arriving iPad2) which will let me begin to try out Netflix and other streaming services (DSL is of course way too slow).

Most reactions

Latest posts