What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wary about the Ipad 2

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting pulled more and more towards the ipad 2.........

It's hard to say no. It's like a sweet sweet drug (drugs = bad). People used to joke about crackberrries. They knew nothing of the Applejack. :p

Why to I want to compare mobile OSs to wines now?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe you should some time on the zoom site. They love their tablet just as much. Best thing to do is play with both in store. See how it feels to you. Try some things that are most important to you then dive in,

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my ipad 2 for about 10 days and like it.

I haven't noticed any backlight bleed or any other issues and I tend to be pretty picky about stuff. I went into a pitch black room and watched a widescreen movie for a few minutes and I couldn't see any light bleeding from the edges.

The only negatives I can see is glossy screen and fingerprint magnet.

Given the amount of apps available, I think the ipad 2 is the best choice hands down at this point in time.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had not desire WHATSOEVER to purchase the original iPad. In fact, I thought it was just plain silly, and a waste of good hard earned money. Then I caught the "iPad2 Bug" and what a BITE that was! After having every version of the iPhone, this iPad is AMAZING. I understand your concerns, but keep in mind; Apple is a company that stands behind their product 100%, so if you experience issues, they will not hesitate to make it right for you. I received my iPad last Friday and I have been doing the "happy dance." Why settle for less, when you can have the BEST?!?!:)

Great post!:)

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To Young Gun:
Follow the light........ The light is your friend....................

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine buying anything other than the ipad2 at the moment, but I'm sure the tablet market will become more competitive in the next several years. After ordering on launch day and hearing all the stories about backlight bleeding I'm happy to say I can find no faults on mine. Very slick gadget.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
blessed said:
To Young Gun:
Follow the light........ The light is your friend....................

Reminds me of Reverend Jim counseling Alex in the mens room, using a light bulb hanging from the ceiling for inspiration, in an episode of "Taxi".

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The movie is Poltergeist. "Carol Ann, follow the light..... The light is your friend"
LOVE that movie :)

OP
K

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I hope this rumor isn't true, or else I'm never getting an iPad 2 any time soon. My local BB has said they've had no stock for over a week, it's getting annoying calling every day, and they won't allow ppl to put down a reserve. My only other option is The Future Shop (I believe they're owned by the same company), anyways, they have had no stock either. I live in Canada and in my city those are my only 2 options, no apple stores, no Targets, and Walmart doesn't carry that item here I think.

The longer I wait, the more the appeal of the whole thing feels like it's diminishing. :\ I'm also STILL worried about backlight bleeding as well, if I even manage to be able to buy an iPad 2.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order online. The wait will likey be just as long, you'll get the one you want, and you get it engraved. That's what I did after being asked if I wanted to reserve one at best buy for 100 dollars, and all the scalping eBay listings that went up in my local area (yes I did check to see how many were listed by area, more then I care think, stupid college students on spring break)

OP
K

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order online. The wait will likey be just as long, you'll get the one you want, and you get it engraved. That's what I did after being asked if I wanted to reserve one at best buy for 100 dollars, and all the scalping eBay listings that went up in my local area (yes I did check to see how many were listed by area, more then I care think, stupid college students on spring break)

What if I order online and get a unit that has backlight bleeding?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact Apple support and get the return shipping information. Other people around the world buy Apple products and have no Apple "geniuses" nearby. Also have you checked to see if there is an authorized Apple repair shop? Sometimes you can find computer repair shops that have Apple certified technicians. I'd have to ask but they may even let you take it to the Apple guy stationed at the Best Buy.

OP
K

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple guy stationed at Best Buy is pretty useless and all he's there to do is answer questions about their products really, he doesn't even wear a blue shirt! I think it's black or something lol.

Anyways, ordering online with the possibility of getting a unit with a bleeding screen and having to mess around with shipping it back and waiting doesn't seem appealing to me at all, no matter how cool people think the iPad is, it's not worth that sort of hassle to me, I'd sooner wait for a nearby store to have stock, so in case if I do have issues I can just deal with the store which is 20 minutes away, though the longer I have to wait to be able to buy one the more the 'urge' to get one sort of dies.

:(

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About your concern on video. I've had the same concerns but I'm willing to shove out $8 a month to watch hulu Plus on my TV using the HDMI our on the iPad 2. This way I can finally cancel cable ($70/month.)

Most reactions

Latest posts