What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty exchange if different name on receipt?

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a wifi iPad about two weeks after it's release from a guy on Craigslist. It was in perfect condition with all original packaging right down to the bag Apple sends you out the door with. I have the receipt where he paid for it with a credit card and I've registered it in my name at Apple.

I've recently been noticing some problems with the wifi connection and it's becoming more bothersome. I read that there are wifi issues with some units and I am thinking that I should make an appointment at the Genius Bar. If they determine that it should be exchanged, will I be able to considering I'm not the person listed on the receipt? I've exchanged other apple products and have never been asked for a receipt so I assume they check for registration and if it matches then no need for a receipt? I suppose I could tell a little white lie and say that it was a friend that picked one up for me on opening day and that would explain the receipt in another name, but I hate to resort to that.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Second paragraph of the iPad warranty specifies that it covers only the original purchase. Just keep that in mind when you ask for service or replacement.

Most reactions