What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evasi0n iOS 6.X Untethered Jailbreak FAQ

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As Carol and Marilyn have already replied so many times.... And with the same flow of questions over at iPhoneForums,

IT'S FAQ TIME!!

Q: Is the untethered iOS 6 jailbreak out?

A: Yes, Evasi0n has been released.

Q: Is Evasi0n released yet? (Yes, there are people asking this question)

A: Yes, Evasi0n has been released as of about noon EST on February 4th, 2013.

Q: I'm already on a TETHERED iOS 6 jailbreak. Do I need to restore?

A:
No. Simply search for "Evasi0n" and install the "Evasi0n Untethered for iOS 6.X"

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.0 OTA, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1 OTA, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.0.2 OTA, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q: I upgraded to iOS 6.1 OTA, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.0 using iTunes, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1 using iTunes, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.0.2 using iTunes, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
I upgraded to iOS 6.1 using iTunes, can I jailbreak?

A:
Yes

Q:
Is the iPhone 3GS on old bootrom jailbreakable?

A: Yes

Q: Is the iPhone 3GS on new bootrom jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPhone 4 jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPhone 4S jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPhone 5 jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPad 2 jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPad 3 jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPad 4 jailbreakable?

Q: Is the iPad Mini jailbreakable

A: Yes.

Q: Is iOS 6.0 jailbreakable?

Q: Is iOS 6.0.1 jailbreakable?

Q: Is iOS 6.0.2 jailbreakable?

Q: Is iOS 6.1 jailbreakable?

Q: How do I jailbreak using Evasi0n?

A: Download the version of Evasi0n that matches your OS type. Plug your device in, wait for the verification that Evasi0n can jailbreak your device, then click Jailbreak.

Q: I'm getting NetDB errors, error caching, and certain repositories not connected or being disconnected.

A: This is normal. This jailbreak is a huge jailbreak, so EVERYONE is trying to ram their heads with the server to get things downloaded. Be patient. Refresh and try again or try it again at a later time.

Q: I'm getting errors in Cydia (Http://1, Size Mismatch, NetDB), is my iDevice completely destroyed beyond recognition?

A: No, the servers are being overloaded with millions of requests a second. This. Is. Normal. If you can open up Cydia, that means your device is jailbroken and is fine.

Q: I'm getting boot loops and am stuck on the Apple logo after trying to install an application/tweak. What do I do? Is my device utterly unusable?

A: No. This just means that your device has either installed a fragmented download or an incompatible application/tweak. Install MobileSubstrate FIRST. This allows you to go into safe mode so that you can fix incompatibility issues.

Q: I'm stuck on the Apple logo while jailbreaking. What do I do?

A: Manually reset the device.

Q: OMG, jailbreak is too hard to use, what do I do?

A: Simply have any iOS 6 on your device, plug it into your computer, run Evasi0n, wait until Evasi0n recognizes your device, then click Jailbreak. Then when prompted to, tap on the 'Jailbreak' app on your iDevice ONCE. Let the process proceed, and let it reboot a few times. DO NOT TOUCH THE DEVICE. Yes, it will automatically reboot itself several times.

Q: I'm stuck on [insert process] for about 2 minutes now.... Is my device utterly destroyed and beyond recovery?

A: No. Some devices take longer to retrieve data than others. Give it some time. The jailbreak process can take less than a minute to as long as 15-30 minutes depending on your computer and/or your device.

Q: The process is so slow.... Can I speed it up?

A: No, do not attempt to touch your device in any way UNLESS Evasi0n says to do so. DO NOT touch your device even if there is a problem UNLESS Evasi0n says that there is an error, and that you should do X or Y.

Q: Will this brick my iPhone?

A: No, this will not brick your iPhone.

Q: Can I still unlock my iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4(on bb 01.59.00) using UltraSn0w?

A: Yes. Install UltraSn0w, and install the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.

Q: I have an IMEI/carrier unlock, can I jailbreak my device?

A: Yes. Jailbreaking does not affect unlocks or current data, it's simply applying another layer underneath everything.

Q: Is this jailbreak untethered?

A: Yes, this is an untethered jailbreak that does not care which device you're on or which version of iOS 6 you're on. iPhone 3GS or newer, iPad 2 or newer, they ALL WORK.

Q: Is Evasi0n released yet?

A: Just go back to sleep....

Most reactions

Latest posts