What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wait with me!

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait with me!-- UPDATE PG. 3

I did it, i bought an ipad last night!

Wait with me while I wait for it to arrive (hopefully within 3-4 business days)

I bought the 64gb wifi model.

While we wait, feel free to share any tips/advice and/or favorite apps!

Yay, I'm so excited!!!!

Last edited:

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah, fellow newfie. Small World. I hated waiting for mine, but mine was 3 weeks from apple :(

OP
newfie

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah, fellow newfie. Small World. I hated waiting for mine, but mine was 3 weeks from apple :(

I'm actually not a newfie, I have newfies (the dogs) :)

3 weeks is a helluva wait!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fb34374f.png

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:iagree: I spent 'my interim period' before pulling the buy trigger creating a list of itunes links for apps I planned to install (built that list by reviewing so many wonderful threads on this forum ;). And then, that first sweet night, I was prepared to install & sync my lil heart out :). Enjoy!

OP
newfie

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:iagree: I spent 'my interim period' before pulling the buy trigger creating a list of itunes links for apps I planned to install (built that list by reviewing so many wonderful threads on this forum ;). And then, that first sweet night, I was prepared to install & sync my lil heart out :). Enjoy!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Do you mind clarifying? thanks!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Synching refers to

Your iPad has to be connected to a PC/MAC in order for it to get setup. You have to run iTunes on the PC/MAC. What is being suggested--while you wait--is to go to iTunes, look for apps in iTunes, or music, etc. and acquire what you want. Then when you get your iPad, run iTunes and start synching. The first time takes awhile to complete--especially if you go hogwild buying a lot of stuff. After your initial setup with iTunes and your iPad is functioning, you can buy stuff from your iPad.

Synching is important as you will have a backup copy of everything on your iPad on your PC/MAC--in case anything happens OR when Apple releases the new iOS 4.2. If you synch and backup on a regular basis you won't have to spend a lot of time cabled to your PC/Mac.

Last edited:
OP
newfie

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Your iPad has to be connected to a PC/MAC in order for it to get setup. You have to run iTunes on the PC/MAC. What is being suggested--while you wait--is to go to iTunes, look for apps in iTunes, or music, etc. and acquire what you want. Then when you get your iPad, run iTunes and start synching. The first time takes awhile to complete--especially if you go hogwild buying a lot of stuff. After your initial setup with iTunes and your iPad is functioning, you can buy stuff from your iPad.

Synching is important as you will have a backup copy of everything on your iPad on your PC/MAC--in case anything happens OR when Apple releases the new iOS 4.2. If you synch and backup on a regular basis you won't have to spend a lot of time cabled to your PC/Mac.

thanks matt!

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gee i have a longer wait for Rev B:(
I have 240.00 on my BB rewards zone so half way there.

Most reactions