What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume icon will not leave the screen NO MATTER WHAT I DO! Including re-booting!!!

iluvmetl78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My volume button icon will not go away, it will ONLY turn down, then it magically reappears after a minute and the volume shoots all the way back up all by its self and stays on! I have rebooted, held both buttons till the apple logo comes up, Turned off/on, left off for a while, done it all, played with the volume buttons, thinking it was sticking, and same thing keeps happening.....ANY IDEAS? Also in the beginning of this, the volume kept going all the way DOWN on its own, now its all the way up, and wont go away!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that your volume button has developed a fault. Have you thought about having that possibility checked out at an Apple store?

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
Scifan's suggestion is good, but I'd also have to suggest using a can of air duster to try and dislodge anything that might be stuck in the volume buttons.. I had a similar issue with my headphone port... My speakers wouldn't work, so I carried my iPhone to the Apple Store and the CR took a can of air duster and lightly blew out some lint lodged in the 3.5mm Jack.. That was my issue!

If this doesn't work, then try a full restore before going to the Apple Store. Why might you ask? Most of the time, Apple Genius techs will try this before ruling it as a hardware issue. It's just something to do to save you time and possibly a trip to the Apple Store. Just remember to back up your data before you do a factory restore!

PriscillaM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING suggested by your members, but the icon will NOT go away. I have reset, restored, held down every imaginable button, but it remains stubbornly there. If anyone has any other ideas I would be extremely grateful.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING suggested by your members, but the icon will NOT go away. I have reset, restored, held down every imaginable button, but it remains stubbornly there. If anyone has any other ideas I would be extremely grateful.

In that case a trip to the Apple store is warranted. Make sure to back up your iPad before going, in case you get a replacement.

Most reactions