What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vlc sync problems

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In another thread, I asked what the best way to convert video for ipad was. Someone told me VLC was now in ipad. I love VLC and use it a lot. It saves several steps and the video quality is vastly superior to the Apple players we have been saddled with for years. So I took some of the AVI's straight across onto the VLC app and happy days. Then I tried to sync and it all went tits-up. The only way I could sync was to delete all the AVI's, then sync, then put the AVI's back on again. Is this a bug with avi's or VLC on ipad? Or am I being a dullard and doing something fundamentally wrong? If this is simply a bug, then for the sake of fabulous quality video, I can live with it until the bug is fixed. Apple must be shitting themselves. At last we don't have to view their video their way. It sure makes downloaded avi's a breeze (which is of course what they were trying to stop, and please don't give me grief about downloaded video;) )

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VLC is very bugged right now. It won't play for more than 5-10 minutes without freezing. I'm sure they'll eventually get it right.

CineXPlayer seems to work perfectly but it cost $3.99.

OP
L

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you know if there are any sync problems? I haven't had any trouble playing, just the sync. It' annoying having to delete all the video every time you want to sync.

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems synching.....but you do need to do it through iTunes on the Apps - File Sharing tab. It's a bit annoying that there's no easy way.

OP
L

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems synching.....but you do need to do it through iTunes on the Apps - File Sharing tab. It's a bit annoying that there's no easy way.
I don't mean getting the files into vlc on the ipad, i mean once you have if you then do a synch, by clicking on sync or is it apply, I can't rememnber. If I get all my files on the do my daily sync next day, it says backoing up but sits there for hours. If you then take the video files off again it syncs fine. Then you put the videos back on again.

Most reactions

Latest posts