What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

movie's in ipad

Hamed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

i have 2 questions about movies in ipad.

1) is there a good player that can play anything with a good quality. i've downloaded some of them but they don't play them good except vlc. the problem of vlc is it can't play HD clips.

2) is there any way that if i have two players, just by syncing a movie once i can see it in all of them. for example when i sync one movie in ipad video player, i can't see it in vlc player.

thanks for your attention!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

1) is there a good player that can play anything with a good quality. i've downloaded some of them but they don't play them good except vlc. the problem of vlc is it can't play HD clips.

2) is there any way that if i have two players, just by syncing a movie once i can see it in all of them. for example when i sync one movie in ipad video player, i can't see it in vlc player.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I hope that some of our members will be able to help with your question. I use oPlayer, which has a wide range of video formats that it's able to play but it's probably not quite what you're looking for.

It's good to welcome a member from Iran; I have a PhD student in Iran (in Tabriz) who has spent a lot of time in the UK but is not back in Iran with her family. I am hoping to be able to visit your beautiful country some time soon.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hamed said:
Hi

For all purpose viewing, I use AirPlay with a dlnp server and OPlayer HD Lite for those on the web (and it let's you download the files also). As for having movies in all players, sorry, you're out of luck. Each app can only manage/access files in there own folder and do not have access to the Video folder of iPod... Too bad :(

VicoPad addict!

Reaction score
Regarding point 2:
It is possible, but only, if you don't sync your movies to a movie player app, but instead use the App Sharing feature in iTunes to add the movie to Goodreader (go to iPad under Devices, open the tab Apps, scroll down to App Sharing). You could then use Goodreader's Open In... feature to open the movie in any player you want.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Regarding point 2:
It is possible, but only, if you don't sync your movies to a movie player app, but instead use the App Sharing feature in iTunes to add the movie to Goodreader (go to iPad under Devices, open the tab Apps, scroll down to App Sharing). You could then use Goodreader's Open In... feature to open the movie in any player you want.

I think that in some cases, the file is copied first, then played. I was doing that between vlc and download it, and I was duplicating the file each time...

VicoPad addict!

Reaction score
DrHouse said:
I think that in some cases, the file is copied first, then played. I was doing that between vlc and download it, and I was duplicating the file each time...

VicoPad addict!

That is correct. Every app copies the files opened by it into their own app folder. So copying a movie into Goodreader and then opening it with 2 other video players will result in three copies of the same movie. It certainly is not ideal, as it requires the user to delete the movies from the movie player after use, or one will run out of space soon.

The only way around this, is jail breaking and then using iFiles copy Link feature, which just creates a link into another app folder, which sends the app back to the original file when opened the link. That said, this should work theoretically, but I haven't been able to get it working consistently.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The only way around this, is jail breaking and then using iFiles copy Link feature, which just creates a link into another app folder, which sends the app back to the original file when opened the link. That said, this should work theoretically, but I haven't been able to get it working consistently.

I remember doing it manually on my iPhone when I was having fun with it via ssh. The command is quite simple:

ln -s /full/path/and/file /full/path/and/target

VicoPad addict!

gacster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cant find movie capability on IPAD2

Hi Folks,
While there are a number of similar questions I have browsed, I am at a loss as to why I cant see a movie file or play it in my Ipad2 even though it appears in itunes both under movies in the library area and what appears to be under my Ipad area.

Once I sync, I use the IPOD button on the main menu bottom right corner. Same as with the Iphone.

The only folders I can see are Music Podcasts and Audiobooks, no movie or video option.

I have used 3 program including Air Video and Aneesoft to create M4v and MP4 based files, but cannot get an option on the IPAD to view or play video.

I am getting frustrated now as it must be simple. I see others who have no issues transfering movie files between itunes and their Ipads, why oh why cant I....

Ipad 2 Wi Fi 3G 32gb.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Hi Folks,
While there are a number of similar questions I have browsed, I am at a loss as to why I cant see a movie file or play it in my Ipad2 even though it appears in itunes both under movies in the library area and what appears to be under my Ipad area.

Once I sync, I use the IPOD button on the main menu bottom right corner. Same as with the Iphone.

The only folders I can see are Music Podcasts and Audiobooks, no movie or video option.

I have used 3 program including Air Video and Aneesoft to create M4v and MP4 based files, but cannot get an option on the IPAD to view or play video.

I am getting frustrated now as it must be simple. I see others who have no issues transfering movie files between itunes and their Ipads, why oh why cant I....

Ipad 2 Wi Fi 3G 32gb.

When you download or sync movies to your iPad they appear in the 'Videos' app on your iPad's Home screen. Only music and podcasts turn up in the 'iPod' app.

Tim

bilbo1161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use stream to me to browse the network shares on my HTPC and play the files over the wireless connection. Saves copying them onto the IPad

Most reactions

Latest posts