What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virus?

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I was running around with my ipad and suddenly a mesage of a virus detected appeared

I stopped my navigation but even if the ipad seems to work well, the colours of the backscreen of safari changed. Now it is completely black.

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot/Fabio

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was running around with my ipad and suddenly a mesage of a virus detected appeared

I stopped my navigation but even if the ipad seems to work well, the colours of the backscreen of safari changed. Now it is completely black.

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot/Fabio

You've probably run across a scam website that is trying to convince you that you have a virus so that you will download a program to fix it (after paying for the program, of course). As of this writing, the iPad doesn't get viruses. Neither can you download a program off the 'Net, so it's a double waste of the spammer's time.

To get rid of the black screen, try this: Close out all your Safari tabs. Then, go to your Settings app and scroll down the left side until you see Safari. Press that and then on the right side, choose to "Clear History" and "Clear Cookies and Data." This should flush any part of that hinky web site out of your Safari settings.

Once you've done all that, go back to your Safari app and see if it's better. If so, yay - and don't go to that sneaky site again. :) If Safari's not better, hollers back and we'll take another stab at it. Good luck.

Marilyn

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You've probably run across a scam website that is trying to convince you that you have a virus so that you will download a program to fix it (after paying for the program, of course). As of this writing, the iPad doesn't get viruses. Neither can you download a program off the 'Net, ........................................

Unless of course, it is jailbroken, then you are opening iOS up to any number of vulnerabilities.

OP
F

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to clear histories and cookies but nothing changed

Thanks all the same

Fabio

OP
F

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am here again.....
Don't understand what's happening to my safari.

The chronology of the pages doesn't appear anymore and i need to put everytime user and password to some preferred sites while before it was not necessary

It is like the system doesn't remember the accounts saved

Thanks/Fabio

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am here again.....
Don't understand what's happening to my safari.

The chronology of the pages doesn't appear anymore and i need to put everytime user and password to some preferred sites while before it was not necessary

It is like the system doesn't remember the accounts saved

Thanks/Fabio

Did you Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data?
If so you have a clean safari browser, with no history of passwords or web pages except for any bookmarks you might have created.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will look like this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341235473.099869.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341235473.099869.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 300
OP
F

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime I enter my preferites sites I must log in (user and password) while before it was not necessary for the saved sites

Why?

Thanks/Fabio

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
fagani said:
Everytime I enter my preferites sites I must log in (user and password) while before it was not necessary for the saved sites

Why?

Thanks/Fabio

Have you switched to private browsing mode? Doing this means personal data will not be saved. Check it in Settings/Safari/Private Browsing. Turn it off. While you are there check that Accept Cookies is turned on.

OP
F

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works now. Thanks a lot to all the pals here

Cheers
Fabio

Most reactions