What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vintcase: "An iPad case Indiana Jones would want to own"

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The picture in the article is not flattering, but the detail pictures posted in the later post look much better. I don't like the cord wrap. It's of a higher quality than my leather case I can tell just by looking at it, but mine was ten bucks.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The picture in the article is not flattering, but the detail pictures posted in the later post look much better. I don't like the cord wrap. It's of a higher quality than my leather case I can tell just by looking at it, but mine was ten bucks.

For ten bucks, though, is it genuine leather? I've realized that there are some vendors who will happily describe a product made from synthetc leather as "leather", in the hopes that the customer doesn't notice that the word "genuine" isn't there. (And the price is usually the giveaway.)

Raos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is a great and unique looking case. My only concern is how well it is able to act as a stand in both portrait and landscape. Does anyone have any info on that? I will probably get this case if it does a good enough job as a stand too.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's a folio-style design, then it should be able to prop the device up easy in landscape mode; folio designs tend not to do too well in portrait mode.

Raos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I wrote to Vintcase and asked them as well. They basically gave me the same answer. I think I will get this case anyway. I love how unique looking it is.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It comes down to the physical design of the cover. For example, I have a compendium from Oberon Design, which has a cord+tab system that allows the device to display in landscape mode, but not very well in portrait:

iPad case detail information

Digitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree it looks very thin... I think if I were to spend this much for a leather case, I would just add a few more dollars and get an Oberon. Those offer beauty and protection.

I like your idea........ that's what i supposed too....... It would be appreciated.

Most reactions