What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing Embedded PDFs

xGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So all my course notes are in the form of PDFs that are embedded into the course website. What it looks like is basically a normal web page with a PDF in a sub window that can be scrolled and downloaded. However, on the iPad, it shows the same thing except I am unable to scroll the PDF. I have tried two finger scrolling but that just scrolls the whole page. I know this has been an issue forever but I didn't find any fixes.

Any suggestions?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello xGary. Have you tried using GoodReader app? That app not only reads PDFs but .docs, .jpg, etc.

OP
X

xGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried. Same thing happens. I see a portion of the PDF but I cannot scroll or download it

sansnom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's an unusual issue. I've not had this problem with embedded PDFs, but maybe you could long press, import them into Kindle reader or iBooks and read them there? Maybe it'd resolve in an Apple sanctioned reader; it's at least worth a try. Otherwise I might just restore your iPad and see if it resolves, maybe just some weird preferences corruption or something.

kaldrichjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you open the webpage with the embedded PDF in a program such as Opera Mini then the PDF will open in a Safari window. PDF will no longer remain embedded and will open by itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts