What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos and photos - trying to delete

dgkoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stumped. I have deleted all my photos. Even connected to my laptop and I deleted all the files from Explorer. But it still,shows 1803 photos and 20 videos. Where do I go to get rid of them?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the screenshot in your post as your iCloud email address was visible in your screenshot. After you modify your screenshot you may repost your photo.

If the photos aren't showing up in your photos app, try a reset of your iPad to see if that helps. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to re-set. If this doesn't work, come back and we'll see if we can try something else.

OP
dgkoss

dgkoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No that didn't work either. I noticed that even though my photo is empty the photo,stream isn't and the albums. Does that reside on the iPad? I didn't think it did.

I've deleted the screenshot in your post as your iCloud email address was visible in your screenshot. After you modify your screenshot you may repost your photo.

If the photos aren't showing up in your photos app, try a reset of your iPad to see if that helps. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to re-set. If this doesn't work, come back and we'll see if we can try something else.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. The Photo Stream album is stored on the iPad, as are the Shared Photo Stream albums. They are synced to all your iOS devices that use the same iCloud account and have the features turned on.

If you go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage (under the Storage header), then tap on the Photos app it will break down your photo storage into up to three areas (depending on what you have enabled): Photo Library, Photo Stream, and Shared Photo Stream.

There might be more, but that's all I've seen.

I'm using the iCloud Library (Beta) feature with Photo Stream turned off, so all I'm seeing are the other two at the moment.

Most reactions