What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synched PC with iPad and now can not delete shared photos

gosensgo33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was playing with new iPad and plugged the cord into the USB port on PC thinking it would charge from the power on The laptop but it brought up iTunes and so I proceeded to play with this and ended up sending a file of photos from my PC to the iPad but now I cannot delete them. HELP! When I mark any photo from my PC the delete boon does not light up but if I mark any photo taken with the iPad it will light up and only delete
that photo. Does anyone know how to delete the another photos.?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to delete. You can Sync your iPad pictures with an empty directory of pictures.
That should clear all your pictures (except the main picture folder, that the application is using to store
all your saved pictures yoy save locally

OP
G

gosensgo33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your inof but i am an APPLE virgin and not very Tech savy. I have no idea what you are saying i should do. When I say I synched my PC with the Ipad I mean I plugged in the power cord that has a usb port on the end into my PC and things just started to happen and the next thing I know I have a folder of pictures from my PC now on my iPad. When I hit edit on my iPad when the iPad is showing my albums- there is 3 Albums but only one developes an "x" to delete it - the other 2 do not - one is titled Camera Roll and the other family & friends( same as the title on the album on my PC the one that I can delete is only the pictures taken with the iPad. I am only interested in deleting the album titled "friends and family" since these are pictures from my PC and i do not need them on my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you follow the link I supplied?

The instructions for syncing and deleting photos from your iPad through iTunes are very detailed. The albums synced to your iPad via iTunes can only be removed vie iTunes. Read through he part about syncing the photos in the first place, and the instructions for deleting them will be much clearer.

At any rate, here is a quick guide that may help.

RemovePhotos.jpg

Most reactions