What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Camera Roll thumbnails

Confused.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I save a clipart image w/out a background to Photos, a deleted photo or video shows up behind the thumbnail image, but disappears when I view the photo. First, this is really annoying because I don't want to see my deleted photos. Second, in the case of accidentally deleted photos, this leads me to believe that deleted photos are still on my iPad somewhere, but I don't know how to access them.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this (or at least access deleted photos, maybe through iTunes)? Also, is there any way to permanently delete photos so that they are not in memory at all anymore?

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Were the deleted photos synced from iTunes or taken with your ipad or uploaded directly to your ipad?

OP
Confused.

Confused.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They were just saved off Safari - I didn't sync them with anything.

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it is a bug. I have that on a handful of transparent images that were generated by third party apps. I don't have many, so I just ignore it.

D

Deleted member 247820

I think that "confused" is worried that deleted photos are still in memory and therefor maybe accessible.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PeterJMelb said:
I think that "confused" is worried that deleted photos are still in memory and therefor maybe accessible.

Good point. OP, it is likely a residual thumbnail, not the actual deleted photo. From my experience, that would be the likely issue.

Most reactions