What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video problems with ads

Steve11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Retina running ios 8.1.2.

I have a problem that's driving me nuts. Whenever I select a video that starts with an advertisement at the beginning I get a message instead of the ad (see attached file). The message seems to last as long as the ad would be running (15 - 30 seconds). However, at the end of the ad the video goes black and is get the spinning pinwheel. I never get to the video. I will say that I can run videos (you tube and otherwise). Its just that I can't run videos that start with ads. I tried to run adware medic but it won't run on my ipad. I've wiped everything on the ipad and restored from scratch. Nothing works. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0002.PNG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this happening in the YouTube app? Have you tried deleting the app and re downloading it? What happens if you try watching YouTube videos with one of the other apps that play YouTube videos? A free app you could try is YouPlayer.

OP
S

Steve11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't happen in YouTube. It only happens when I am in safari and select a video to watch. For instance, if I go to ESPN and select a video I receive the message.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing ESPN can't tell you're on an iPad and is trying to serve you Flash-based ads, and probably Flash video too. Since iPads don't do Flash, you'll need to watch those videos on your computer instead.

Most reactions