What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Native apps-iPod and Video-"auto starting"

Plaintom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed a curious "problem" and I'm not sure if it's always been there only started since jail breaking. Whenever I respiring or reboot the device the iPod and video apps are running in the background...just like mail. It also seems that these two apps randomly "autostart". I do not start them and exit and they stay running, that I would understand. They just start automatically and I'd like to turn tha behavior off if possible. I use SBSettings and that's how vie noticed they are running-when looking at the processes.

Much thanks,

Plaintom

OP
P

Plaintom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but I undersrand the Apple apps CAN run in the background but the only ones I thought auto started were "mail" and "phone" (in the case of an iPhone). When I first got the iPad the ONLY app that auto started was "mail" no other Apple app started upon a respiring or reboot. Now the iPad is jail broken and I do install many Cydia apps. I' just wondering which may have caused this behavior.

I AM running the latest vision of "backgrounder" with the default options for: mail, safari, iPod and videos.

Most reactions

Latest posts