What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video played inside Facebook has no sound

Katrinewr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got it!

This one actually worked! Nice job Jimmyv! So simple, but still odd that Apple or FB wouldnt have solved it in os7

I've been having this issue with the fb app for months. I tried all of the reboot suggestions from above with no luck. I decided I would try messing with the side button. I have been using the side button for lock rotation for a long while. I went to settings and changed the option so that the side button operated as the mute button. I loaded a video in fb and then used the switch to mute then un-mute. Sound came through at that point. Sound continued to work after I went back into settings and changed the setting back to lock rotation. Hope this works for others.

Texan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are a god!!

I've been having this issue with the fb app for months. I tried all of the reboot suggestions from above with no luck. I decided I would try messing with the side button. I have been using the side button for lock rotation for a long while. I went to settings and changed the option so that the side button operated as the mute button. I loaded a video in fb and then used the switch to mute then un-mute. Sound came through at that point. Sound continued to work after I went back into settings and changed the setting back to lock rotation. Hope this works for others.

There's nothing better than a solution. Thanks you

AlistairD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JimmyV is correct

I solved my sound problem in seconds by using the method JimmyV recommended. In settings select the side switch to mute function. Go to embedded Facebook video and slide switch to unmute. You can then reassign the switch to lock rotation and sound will continue to work. P.S. This forum was a total pain in the butt to sign up for using an Ipad. You would think it would be optimized for tablets. Doh!

Kokeshidee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried all these so,upturns and nothing worked. Then I discovered where my iPad2 had been muted. I'm running iOS 7.1, it has that little grey panel that you can swipe up from the bottom of your iPad. I click on the bell icon and it turned off mute. Voila sound in the FB app image.jpgwas restored.

Most reactions

Latest posts