What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video played inside Facebook has no sound

aliasjanedoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is an ios6 issue or a Facebook issue, but when I click video links inside Facebook on my iPad, the video has no sound (even though volume is turned up).

Any suggestions for how to fix?

j9lazur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same problem -- no sound in the Facebook app since I upgraded to iOS 6. switching to safari to watch videos in my Facebook newsfeed is a pain. anyone have suggestions?

Blainad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the same problem with Facebook and other apps which embed videos. Then it occurred to me... The Side Switch... It was on MUTE. switched it off mute... Problem solved! Hope this works for you too!

joanlevin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was my solution too! Thanks......check the little switch next to the volume control.

Staycool7536

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook.

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is an ios6 issue or a Facebook issue, but when I click video links inside Facebook on my iPad, the video has no sound (even though volume is turned up).

Any suggestions for how to fix?

Hi aliasjanedoe,

It is the app because I have a fairly new ipad 2 so that it isn't the ipad, Facebook is still a beta app so it isn't perfect.

Hope this helps,
JT

piewalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not the app. Unmute from the multitasking menu. You're muted there. To get to the multitasking menu, double click the home button, and scroll all the way to the left to the main multitasking area where there is likely just the iPod music icon. Look for the mute button and unmute it. Presto. You're now an iPad genius.

Washingtondave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It must be the app. I can hear sound through the headphone, but not the speaker. It is not the mute button on, as if I switch to YouTube I hear sound through the speaker. So there we have it. Facebook, sound through headphones but not through speaker, YouTube sound through speaker. Is it a Facebook problem or an Apple problem? I note there is never a response from Apple on any issues. Are they just conceited or don't know. I'm fed up with trawling through user forums and trying this "because it worked for me". We need definitive answers not the suggestion of a milliard of users fiddling around.

Washingtondave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further to above post, I reset the iPad, deleted Facebook, reset the iPad again, then re-installed Facebook, but no change in the situation. I have noticed from a search there are loads of similar sound issues on the iPad. I am using an ipad3. Why oh why does Apple never address these issues?

neffmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of the solutions here worked for me. I had to shut down and reboot the ipad. Not standby or sleep, Power off, then turn back on. Problem solved.

moorthyovsn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr. Washingtondave,I switch to YouTube I hear sound through the speaker.
I reset the iPad, deleted Facebook, reset the iPad again, then re-installed Facebook, but no change in the situation. I have noticed from a search there are loads of similar sound issues on the iPad. I am using an ipad3. Why oh why does Apple never address these issues?
you r right I am having same problems. Have you got any solutions please mail me

regards,
moorthyovsn

jimmyv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possible Solution for iPad 3

I've been having this issue with the fb app for months. I tried all of the reboot suggestions from above with no luck. I decided I would try messing with the side button. I have been using the side button for lock rotation for a long while. I went to settings and changed the option so that the side button operated as the mute button. I loaded a video in fb and then used the switch to mute then un-mute. Sound came through at that point. Sound continued to work after I went back into settings and changed the setting back to lock rotation. Hope this works for others.

Most reactions

Latest posts