What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon iPhone and iPad about to hit field testing

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-iphone-ipad.jpg

Boy Genius Report has broken some very interesting news today. The Verizon iPhone / Verizon iPad rumor train has picked up alot of steam lately. The most recent development comes from a block of source code in iOS 4 which queries the device to see if it's a CDMA iPhone or iPad 2. If it is either, it will auto-activate which allows it to bypass the need for iTunes. Code very similar to this has appeared in the past just before a major iPhone / iDevice release and then is removed right before launch. It simplifies the field testing since you can use the device without activating it.

BGR also reported that the platform code for the CDMA iPhone is N92AP and the CDMA iPad is N81AP.

This is some pretty solid information that we will see a Verizon iPhone and Verizon iPad in the future.

Don't forget, we have a sister site dedicated to the iPhone at the following URL: iPhone 4 Forum

More info can be found courtesy of BGR at the following link: Both Verizon Wireless iPhone and next generation iPad about to hit field testing? Boy Genius Report

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JohnnyApple, this interests me a lot.

I'll go check things out and if I dig anything up I'll post it here on this thread.

Cya

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon getting an Iphone would be great for all the users who are looking forward to it.

Most reactions

Latest posts