What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Will Include iPad Mobile Hotspot for Free in its Plans, AT&T Won't Have It

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
verizon-hotspot.JPG

MacRumors reports today that according to GottaBeMobile, Verizon has announced that it will be including the mobile hotspot feature for free in data plans for Apple’s new iPad. This very handy feature enables you to share your iPad’s connection as a Wi-Fi signal with your other devices, such as laptops. Basically what this means is that the cost of the hotspot will be incorporated in the initial cost of your data plan. According to the report, even with a 1GB data plan, which is the lowest that Verizon offers, for $20 per month, you won’t have to pay any extra to get your mobile hotspot activated.

Bad news for AT&T customers though, as 9to5Mac has received official confirmation from the carrier that at present it will not be supporting the hotspot feature on the new iPad, never mind offering it for free, although it says that it is “working with Apple to enable this feature in the future.â€

Source: Verizon Including Mobile Hotspot in iPad Data Plans at No Additional Charge - Mac Rumors
Verizon will offer iPad 4G hotspot, AT&T won’t…yet (Updated) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So there will be no monthly tethering fee of 20.00 like I pay to tether my iPhone to iPad 2??

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts