What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Testing iPad on its Network

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
great. right after I buy a GSM 3G model ;) Oh well, this could easily be 6 moths to a year away from reality.

Arnz98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To each his or her own. I've had the worst experience with verizon and i dont care to use their services. And does anyone really think they'll give you a 30 dollar a month plan? Very unlikely. I think this is all just rumors.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can look at the bright side. Verizon is surpassing every other cell network out there with proposed 4G sites. They will soon have the largest 4G network than anyone....Clearwire is right behind them so we won't be locked in with one 4G carrier

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Testing iPads on Their Network

According to Boy Genius Reports Verizon Wireless is testing iPads on their network. We can only hope that this means that they have struck a deal with Apple and that it will give us the chance to stick it to AT&T in the very near future.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hate to be a buzz-kill, but how can they be doing this? All 3G iPads are GSM i.e. they need a SIM card to work; I thought that Verizon's network CDMA i.e. the whole phone/device has to be built for that specific network? Or do I have this wrong?

Pete

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hate to be a buzz-kill, but how can they be doing this? All 3G iPads are GSM i.e. they need a SIM card to work; I thought that Verizon's network CDMA i.e. the whole phone/device has to be built for that specific network? Or do I have this wrong?

Pete

The article says the the "guinea pig" iPad would have to be a CDMA version (if it's true anyway)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is just a chip set. I would imagine that Apple made up a small run for Verizon to test. Even if they didn't, any competent electronics company could do the modification.

Most reactions

Latest posts