What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon.net email setup (POP3)

Skidogger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email setup: Laptop downloads all mail off the server. Devices (WM phone & iPad1) leave mail on the server (unless I delete).

Reason: This allows me to delete unwanted email during the day and download the remaining to my laptop when I get home.

Problem: Once my laptop downloads all the mail, there is nothing left on the server. When I refresh my phone email, the mail syncs with the server and cleans it all off (because there’s nothing left on the server). However, with the iPad, I have to manually delete mail because it doesn’t seem to recognize that the mail has been removed from the server.

Anyone know how to fix this? I’ve read several forum posts claiming that it’s a POP3 issue. I’m thinking is a software issue. Why can my phone sync with mail on server but not the iPad?

P.S. I don't want to use another email account as a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Ski

Last edited:
OP
S

Skidogger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My phone realizes that the mail is no longer on ther server (after downloaded to PC). So all the messages that were residing in my inbox disappear when I refresh. This is actually what I want it to do (I don't want them on the device after downloaded to PC).

It's a pain to download a bunch of mail to PC and have to manually remove it all the inbox mail on the iPad.

IMAP is not an option on Verizon.

My wife's blackberry works the same way. The iPad does not.

Thanks,
Ski

Most reactions