What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding email folders POP3

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so, I've read to add folders to your online email server and they'll come down to the ipad, but I haven't been successful.

So, here's the set up if anyone can help.

Comcast mail. POP3 type server.

I can log in to the comcast website, add folders (say 'saved mail' ) or something.. then move mail into it so it has substance. Set up my email account on iPad and that foler is not coming down.

Is there no way to add folders to POP3 accounts?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
POP3 will only show you the inbox.
To show folders you must set it up as IMAP and not POP3.

I dont think Comcast supports IMAP email for some odd reason.

I personaly dont like using ISP email accounts for a number of reasons.
#1 some dont support common things like IMAP witch are better than POP3.
#2 If you ever change your internet service you loose your email address and people cant reach you
#3 Having a non ISP email or preferably your own domain for email looks much more professional.

Last edited:
OP
B

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, so if I can figure to set it up as IMAP then I would get folders?

I think I can actually set IMAP on my BlackBerry with my Comcast, so I'll try those settings.

J. Gillam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm,discouraging news. What do I have to do in my iPad mail and or my comcast mail in order to create new folders for my iPad mail? I am a dummy on this so need help with how to shift from default to IMAP.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Hmmm,discouraging news. What do I have to do in my iPad mail and or my comcast mail in order to create new folders for my iPad mail? I am a dummy on this so need help with how to shift from default to IMAP.

As far as I know you cant. Comcast doesnt support IMAP.

Most reactions

Latest posts