What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon dropping Unlimited data

thecarrot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep saw that...pretty much expected considering how they are each others top competition and follow suit with what each other does.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they drop the price a bit for 2gb per mo....I'm fine with that. I work from home so only use the data now and then. Every place i seem to go has wifi as it is.

ert6ic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they drop the price a bit for 2gb per mo....I'm fine with that. I work from home so only use the data now and then. Every place i seem to go has wifi as it is.

agree with that, my area has free cable wifi if you are their triple play customer, free wifi at starbucks and mcdonalds:D

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Set to Switch to Tiered Data Pricing? - Mac Rumors

Say bye to unlimited data plans on verizon. They will be following suit with AT&T.

Actually this wont end being a bug deal. 3G is still going to be unlimited. Noing is changing about that. It's 4g that will not have unlimited right now.

AT&T dropped unlimited 3G. And with the Droid X using 5x more data than previous phones......
What does Att have to do with anything? And that droid x does not use more, the droid,and mostly all smart phones can use that much. 3G is going to stay unlimited.

theipadstudent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.theipadstudentexperiment.com
What does Att have to do with anything? And that droid x does not use more, the droid,and mostly all smart phones can use that much. 3G is going to stay unlimited.

I'm not sure where in any part of the rumor you're getting the notion that 3G data rates will stay unlimited, but Verizon's LTE 4G network is still in the fairly young stages to continue to offer unlimited data rates for the multitude of Android phones on their network. The Droid 2 is apparently slated for an August release. I believe Verizon is just too big a network to continue to offer unlimited data for all these media rich smart phones. The only reason Sprint offers unlimited data is because thats the only way they can still compete with the bigger players of AT&T and Verizon.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Droid morons who think Verizon is going to let them skate on data

Actually this wont end being a bug deal. 3G is still going to be unlimited. Noing is changing about that. .

I am glad I finally found you. I got a bargain on a bridge in NYC from a Nigerian. I can let you have it for a steal. Send me your email address.

You will be able to charge anything you want and with all those people in NYC you will make a killing. Act today.

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bloatware ie Crapware comes to Android phones directly from manufacturer

Guess what. You buy an Android EVDO from Sprint and you get BLOATWARE that can not be removed from your phone. There is a huge thread on Slashdot.com from angry Geeks who are not happy with the Android situation.

All is not well among the folks who tout open source compared to the iPhone!

Look at this exchange about the HTC Incredible I lifted from on post on Slashdot a few minutes ago

http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/10/07/22/1723225/Bloatware-Becoming-a-Problem-On-Android-Phones

Funniest thing is that people have said that to me, and they weren't joking. Part of the reason I got an HTC Incredible is that everyone kept talking about how open Android phones are. Then I was like, "Ok, now how do I get WiFi tethering on this bad-boy?"

The response was, "Oh, it's easy. You just have to root it."

"So you're saying I have to hack it. Same way I can do whatever I want with my iPhone, but I have to hack it first."

"No, no. It's totally different. Android is open."

"But you have to hack it in order to be able to do what you want?"

"Yes."

*sigh* "Ok, so how do I root an Incredible?"

"Oh, you can't. Someone will probably figure it out sooner or later, but for now you're just stuck with what you have."

"But I could jailbreak an iPhone now and do whatever I want with it. People already figured it out."

"Yeah, I guess."

"How is this more open again?"

"Because with Android, you can do whatever you want! It's Linux, after all."

Last edited:

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm not sure where in any part of the rumor you're getting the notion that 3G data rates will stay unlimited, but Verizon's LTE 4G network is still in the fairly young stages to continue to offer unlimited data rates for the multitude of Android phones on their network. The Droid 2 is apparently slated for an August release. I believe Verizon is just too big a network to continue to offer unlimited data for all these media rich smart phones. The only reason Sprint offers unlimited data is because thats the only way they can still compete with the bigger players of AT&T and Verizon.
This isn't a rumor at all and them dropping the 3G unlimited in first place is abrumor itself. Nothing was confirmed that anything will change.

Most reactions

Latest posts