What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Account on IPAD3 Questions

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an option for using the Verizon account by the month? Say I just want to activate it on a month I am traveling on vacation? I dont see an option to do that but it sure would be nice.

Next.....how much is 1GB of Data? Which costs $20 a month. Doesn't sound like much. I am just wondering if that will do me....all I would do is emails and surf the net. I would just hate to run out of data after a week. Too bad the unused months don't add up!!!

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an option for using the Verizon account by the month? Say I just want to activate it on a month I am traveling on vacation? I dont see an option to do that but it sure would be nice.

Next.....how much is 1GB of Data? Which costs $20 a month. Doesn't sound like much. I am just wondering if that will do me....all I would do is emails and surf the net. I would just hate to run out of data after a week. Too bad the unused months don't add up!!!

When I signed up for Verizon it stated that it automatically renews at the end of the month unless you cancel.
So if you signed up before going on vacation, just make sure you cancel before they bill you again.

1GB would be plenty for e-mail but depending on your surfing, you could run out before you know it. I signed up for 2GB and have used up half after 11 days. I surf and look at video clips. I do all my d/l via Wi-Fi.

I usually check my usage once a day so I won't use more than I am allowed to.

Verizon and others make a fortune on those skimpy/overpriced data plans.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was told, when I turned 4G on for the iPad I bought off-plan, that you have to suspend your account when you don't want 4G...and that it would stay suspended for 3 months before automatically turning back on. This is for an iPad bought with no required plan.

And, Verizon will charge you $35 to activate service on an iPad. This is supposed to be a one-time activation fee. So you don't want to turn it off, you want to suspend the account. That way, they have no reason to charge you again to activate service.

$30 for 2GB of data.

Last edited:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on how you purchased the iPad if you paid full cost you can go month to month active it for 30 days and then do not renew. That's how I ride.
There is no service fee to do this. I get 2 gig and its plenty the trick is movies and YouTube all video takes up much more of your bandwidth. If you just brows and read news 1 gig will work.
Maybe the future will turn Internet access into a national right wouldn't that be nice. I heard this on the radio where they said some cities are testing this concept out. $5.00 property tax that everyone has to pay to maintain city wide Internet access. I think they said Galveston was the city. I forget for sure.

Last edited:

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same here. I was charged $30 when I signed up. No Activation fee or taxes.

I'm all for making it a right just like phones. They do nickel and dime you to death though with all the extras our legislatures think we don't see. Next we'll have a fee for unwed mothers or non-responsible fathers...
If Galveston is indeed the city, well, it's a tourist town and with Wi-Fi everywhere the business folks get more customers and the city profits from the sales tax, hotel tax, and what not.
What about the poor folks that live outside the cities like myself and a few million others in this country?
Most hotelsalready offer free Wi-Fi... except in Las Vegas!

It depends on how you purchased the iPad if you paid full cost you can go month to month active it for 30 days and then do not renew. That's how I ride.
There is no service fee to do this. I get 2 gig and its plenty the trick is movies and YouTube all video takes up much more of your bandwidth. If you just brows and read news 1 gig will work.
Maybe the future will turn Internet access into a national right wouldn't that be nice. I heard this on the radio where they said some cities are testing this concept out. $5.00 property tax that everyone has to pay to maintain city wide Internet access. I think they said Galveston was the city. I forget for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts