What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon 3G setup in INDIA

Kuthomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have brought a Verizon configured iPad2 to INDIA. How can I configure 3G access in INDIA? I don't see the slot to change the SIM.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have brought a Verizon configured iPad2 to INDIA. How can I configure 3G access in INDIA? I don't see the slot to change the SIM.

I'm guessing that you purchased your iPad in the US.

I'm afraid the Verizon iPad will not work on 3G in India. Verizon use CDMA technology that works only in the US and a very few other countries. Only the AT&T version of the iPad will work in India. There is no way that this can be fixed as the two versions of the iPad (the Verizon version is only sold in the US) use entirely separate hardware and no conversion is possible. I can only suggest that you try to sell your iPad on your next visit to the US. Of course, if you are happy to use your iPad on WiFi only and not to use the 3G functionality, then there is no problem.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to be more helpful but there is simply no way around this problem. I doubt, too, that you'd be able to sell your iPad in India, either, because the new owner would face exactly the same problem as you do now.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good answer as always from Tim.

It is also worth looking to see if there is a mifi unit available in your country as this would mimic the 3G connectivity without the need to sell or change your iPad.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts