What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using Yahoo web e-mail

green

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All

I am facing the sitution of not being able to type in the test area in yahoo web-mail through safari.
the steps:
1- from Safari I accesses yahoo.com
2- I entered the user ID and Password --> login successfuly
3- selected writing new e-mail
4- keyboard appeared when I was typing the to; CC, subject fields
5- When I try the type in the body/text area, the keyboard did not appear!!!

Any idea!! please help.. :ipad-movie::mad:

Note: I know that I can define my e-mail on the mail function, but this happened to my friend who was trying the ipad and wanted to see how easy it is. So, He is not primary user for the my ipad and this is why he is not defined.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this won't help you at all, but Yahoo mail works for me. I only rarely use it and the only "issue" is getting a popup when I try to log off of Yahoo that tells me it can't do it because of something about not being able to connect to a secure server. When that happens, I just close the Safari window!

Almost all of my surfing is done with the Atomic web browser app. I don't know if the same issue exists with that app and if I was really curious enough, I would find out.

panlamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5- When I tries the go the body/text area, teh keyboard did not appear!!!

Any idea!! please help.. :ipad-movie::mad:

thanks in advance

I just tried this also. If you are using the Yahoo! Mail Plus this is what happens on the iPad. If you change to the Yahoo! Mail Classic it works fine.

Steve

OP
G

green

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks all for replying. this is highly appreciated

When I try to move to yahoo classic it give me mobile version of yahoo!!! this is really strange. My friend tried this, it worked fine with him.

It could be something wrong in the options in my iPad!! I am not sure

Nevertheless, why the keyboard is not showing in the body of the message when using normal yahoo? this is what I would like to know from anyone.

thanks again

panlamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I actually talked to a friend of mine that works at Yahoo!, and they said that the mobile version of safari that the iPad uses, is incompatible with Yahoo! mail.
They are working on a fix.

Steve

OP
G

green

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I actually talked to a friend of mine that works at Yahoo!, and they said that the mobile version of safari that the iPad uses, is incompatible with Yahoo! mail.
They are working on a fix.

Steve
many thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts