What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using ipad to learn piano from YouTube videos

asdf523

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greets!

Anyone have thoughts on this. Iam trying to teach myself some piano song by watching posted youtube videos. I find I have to restart over and over and pause the video. It would work much better with an extra hand! Is anyone aware of a program which will loop certain sections of a video over and over? Is there such a thing as a foot switch for ipad that I could use to pause?

Thoughts?

Scott

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A good option is to use watchlater or playtube to download the videos so that you can watch from your ipad without using the internet.
That should make your user experience a little more responsive.
But in regards to learning to play the piano on the ipad by watching videos, I think you should invest in a physical media, be it a midi keyboard with weighted keys or a nice synthesizer with weighted keys. It's one thing to tell the brain what to do. But it's quite a bit harder to get the muscles to listen to what the brain wants to do.
Either way it could be fun learning on the ipad.

OP
A

asdf523

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I do have a keyboard. A nice Kurzweil pc3 le8. I wanted to learn on the keyboard whilst watching the tutorial.

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checkout Lypur youtube channel, fantastic free lessons, taught me a thing or two.

Most reactions

Latest posts