What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad to do things like update router firmware

Feanor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's only very occasionally that I regret not having a laptop. One of those times is when I'm at someone's house who's having trouble with their internet/network connection for the simple reason that their firmware is out of date.

For this, I need to be able to download the file from the manufacturer's website to a Windows file system and then go to the router settings and browse to the file.

Does anyone know of any way this can be done using the iPad? Are there any apps or browsers that can do this?

(I'm aware of iOS sandboxing etc etc.)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your best bet is the iCab Mobile browser. It should allow downloads to it's local file space, and will allow uploads to most websites from the same. No telling for sure if it will work with the router's web interface until you try it

OP
F

Feanor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That. Is. Perfect. Thanks! :D

I've successfully tested it on my Huawei WS320 repeater by updating the firmware from the current version to the current version (!). This browser even has native facility to unzip files, which is great. Not to mention the unexpected benefit of compatibility with LastPass. I'll probably be using this for more than just updating router firmware now!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts