What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using ipad 2 as a Wifi hotspot

fillup56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3G iPad 2 and wondering if I can use it as a wifi hotspot. I understand that you can do it with an iPhone and thought that it was an option with ios5.1

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, it's only on the new iPad and, from what I read, it's only if you use the carrier Verizon (in the USA). And, I am unsure about outside the states, but I believe it's up to each carrier to decide whether to use it. The new iPad has the capability, it's just up to the carrier(s) if they wish to allow it.

Hope this clarifies.

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
I had iPad 1, 2 and 3 none of which had the hotspot feature. When I bought appleTV and installed it the hotspot feature appeared on my iPad 3. I read that telcos require that it be disabled in Australia and that a variety of minor changes to some settings can reveal it. Others am know more. Anyway now I can use the hotspot feature whereas before it was not even available in settings

Most reactions