What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi hotspot

ferrarofilms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main reason to jailbreak Ipad-3g on IOS4.2.1 is to use it as a WiFi hotspot because I do not have landline. What is the best way to go?
Thanks

OP
F

ferrarofilms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiWi

Mywi is said to be the best app for that, however there is cheaper alternatives like TetherMe, google it:)
Availible on cydia

I used MiWi before with my Iphone, my question was more on the direction of what software to jailbreak the Ipad
Thanks

tjdurl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask how?

I rooted one of my droids and installed an ap called barnacle to provide wireless tethering through my Droid (on Verizonwireless).

Can you lend some guidance to a noob on how to do this with my droid?:confused:

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HTC Forums or Andriod forums, RE: Rooting and WIFI or pay the extra $30/ month to Sprint!!

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I rooted one of my droids and installed an ap called barnacle to provide wireless tethering through my Droid (on Verizonwireless).

Can you lend some guidance to a noob on how to do this with my droid?:confused:
I'm trying to remember right now which root application I used and I think it was SuperOneClick (SuperOneClickv1.5.3-ShortFuse).

If you google this, I'll bet you get everything you will need to root the Droid, and it is really simple. I think I had to do it twice to get it to take, but I'm not sure I had to - I just didn't understand all the indications. The instructions should all be there. I'm sorry I'm not more of a nerd to talk you through all this, but I don't think you will have any problems. I will say that one thing that gave me the nerve to do this (I was pretty nervous about it, but I didn't need to be) was that I have two droids: the Moto Droid ("1") [which I rooted] and a Droid X that will stay factory fresh.

Good Luck,

Most reactions