What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Bluetooth Headset

poppa tom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on buying a new Bluetooth headset to use with my I-pad 2. Do I have to buy an Apple specific Bluetooth headset or can I use any 3rd party headset. Right now I have and old Motorola Bluetooth headset from my phone and even though it says it is connected, the sound still comes only from the I-pad speaker. Am I doing something wrong .

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any normal Bluetooth headset should work. To be sure, you could go to a store that has demo units and try them with your iPad.

In regards to your present headset, have you tried unpairing and repairing the headset? Are the batteries in your headset fully charged?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind there are two basic types of bluetooth headsets. One type, usually just for one ear, is meant for making and receiving phone calls. They often do not work for listening to music or other apps.

The full audio headsets (two ears) are meant for music and apps, but will usually work as phone headsets as well (provided they have a microphone).

Most reactions

Latest posts