What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using an iPad Air in temperatures between 32 and -30 f

PaulSch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a case that can provide heat when the iPad Air is used outside. I need a heated case to keep the device operational on the North Slope of Alaska.

Thanks!

OP
P

PaulSch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I can't tell you if there's a case for your needs. Sorry!
The temperatures in your thread title were confusing me. The exact temperatures are:

For
Using the iPad - between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F)
Storing the device - between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F)
(From Apple Support)

I am aware of the thresholds. Need a case that will allow the iPad to work in temps that are between 32º and - 30º F. A heat source of some type is needed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe one of those zipper pouch kind, extra thick, with pockets inside? You could put some chemical hand warmers in the pouches.

You'd still have to limit the time you used the iPad with the case open. At -30ºF, there isn't a lot you can do to keep the iPad warm enough for extended use. The screen has to be exposed, and at the temps you are talking about it is going to lose heat fast.

Also, cold fingers don't work well on the iPad either. Those special touch gloves might be needed.

Hold in mind you are talking about using the device well outside it's recommended operating temperatures. It's inherently risky.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2101

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am aware of the thresholds. Need a case that will allow the iPad to work in temps that are between 32º and - 30º F. A heat source of some type is needed.
It seems I didn't delete my post early enough. I was a bit confused by the thread title.

Most reactions

Latest posts