What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using a tv as a bigger monitor for ipad?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I often use my LG tv to watch internet content such as bbc iplayer etc via an adaptor cable I bought from Amazon.
This all works well until today when I tried to watch Nigella's new program "the Taste" using 4OD ( for which of course I had to download an app because the normal 4OD works thru Flash!) Unfortunately when I attempoted this I got a message on the tv saying I was not able to do this action! So what Im trying to find out is this: are Channel 4 somehow able to know what I am doing & for some bizarre reason managing to prevent the ipad from giving an output from its port or is this another of Apples desicions to stop anyone using a TV as a monitor ? ( but That would be weird as I can use the TV for all other cases Ive attempted!:confused:

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I often use my LG tv to watch internet content such as bbc iplayer etc via an adaptor cable I bought from Amazon.
This all works well until today when I tried to watch Nigella's new program "the Taste" using 4OD ( for which of course I had to download an app because the normal 4OD works thru Flash!) Unfortunately when I attempoted this I got a message on the tv saying I was not able to do this action! So what Im trying to find out is this: are Channel 4 somehow able to know what I am doing & for some bizarre reason managing to prevent the ipad from giving an output from its port or is this another of Apples desicions to stop anyone using a TV as a monitor ? ( but That would be weird as I can use the TV for all other cases Ive attempted!:confused:
bump!

Most reactions

Latest posts