What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used iPad need to delete old account

LAE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a used iPad and it arrived with old owners account still active. I do not have the password. How do I delete this?

Done.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
First open iTunes and connect your ipad to the computer.

Hold the botton on the very top of the ipad until it gives you the option to swipe and turn off.

With the iPad off and iTunes open on your computer, press and hold the home button (button on the front screen). Hold it until itunes pops up a message saying it has detected an iPad in recovery mode. Then in itunes select the iPad and click the restore button.

Quartz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I can't connect the iPad to iTunes, because I dont have the password.

charliebrown408

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just activate your account on apple and stay with new updated itunes, songs, musical themes and many more. If your account in older version then upgrade it to new account.

Germie Pajanel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought a 2nd hand ipad,how can i delete the old account and replace the account with mine in order for me to update and use the different apps that requires an account but will not delete the old applications?Pls help me,,tnx

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See post numbers two and three in this very thread.

You will need to let iTunes do a restore on the iPad and set it up as new. Then you can start fresh and only have your "stuff" on it.

Marilyn

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn the iPad off. Then, hold the home nutton while plugging it in. keep hold til u get a cord pointing to itunes sign. iTunes should say 'iTunes has discovered and iPad in recovery mode'. hit restore.

Most reactions

Latest posts