What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

used iPad 1 has no iTunes

eprice2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our used iPad 1 has no iTunes app on it. I don't know how to download the app, since it should already be on the iPad. We can't connect with the iTunes store either. Any ideas of what to do?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I never had an iPad 1, so I'm not quite sure if this is there: Look at your Settings, somewhere are Restrictions, I hope. Is there something disabled? (Perhaps even iTunes?) Then you won't find the app on your iPad. If possible, enable it.

When your iPad doesn't appear in iTunes: http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/itunes/
Hope that helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The music playing app was renamed to Music (from iTunes). I don't remember exactly what version of iOS, but it should be changed on any device that's running iOS 5.x or later.

As Johanna says, neither the Music app nor the iTunes Store app can be deleted. They are most likely restricted or hiding in a folder somewhere.

But, I'm wondering if the person who gave/sold the iPad to you restored it as they should have. Because if they did then there should be no restrictions set and nothing but the native apps (until you add them yourself). If you got it with stuff on it, those apps will be associated with the original user's account, and you will not be able to update them. Not to mention (ok, I'm mentioning) many other problems that can crop up due to what ever settings and accounts they've set up previously.

Most reactions

Latest posts