What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restored factory settings, changed PCs, Itunes won't read Ipad now

Zorain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in a bit of mess I'm afraid. Here's what has happened:

1. I bought Ipad2 (16 GB), downloaded latest version of itunes and connected the ipad to my laptop a week ago. It worked fine, itunes detected it, i registered at app store (but didn't register the ipad yet). life was good.
  2. Today, I restored factory settings on Ipad 2 and tried to connect it to a different laptop (don't have access to the first laptop anymore). I again downloaded the new version of itunes and then connected it. Nothing is happening. The ipad turns on for a second so I can see the image of white usb chord and itunes symbol. but itunes on my laptop doesn't read it.
  3. Since I restored factory settings, the Ipad now gives only that screen of white usb chord to be plugged in the itunes symbol whether it is connected to the laptop or not.
  4. I even gave the current laptop authorization from itunes ("authorize this computer"). I thought that might fix the problem. But nope, nothing.
  5. I'm using Windows 7
Can anyone please help me?

Waiting anxiously. :(

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
press and hold top and circle button for 10secs.
and try connecting to iTunes again.

Most reactions

Latest posts