What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with new iPad 2 and iTunes

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got home with my new iPad 2. This hopefully will replace the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (very disappointed with Android 3.1).

I already have an iPad 1. I updated iTunes to the latest version, backed up my iPad 1. Then I plugged in the iPad 2 for the first time.

What happens is iTunes freezes up for about 1 minute, then unfreezes, but doesn't recognize the new iPad 2. The iPad 2 still has the message to plug into iTunes on the screen.

I disconnected and reconnected the USB a few times, tried a few different ports (it just worked fine moments ago with the iPad 1).

Then I started getting this error in iTunes.
"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occured (-9808). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

Apple support only tells me to check my computer's clock. The clock is correct.

After a few more attempts, I finally got a registration page. I put in my details and clicked Submit. But again iTunes has become unresponsive again.

The iPad 2 no longer has the iTunes message on it, I'm able to get into the iPad. But iTunes still keeps freezing up, doesn't see the iPad 2 and I can't sync my backed up apps from the iPad 1.

If I go back and plug the iPad 1 back in, iTunes instantly recognizes it, does a quick sync like normal, and seems fully functional.

Any idea why iTunes won't work with my new iPad 2, but works fine with the older iPad 1?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts