What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use iPhone as remote when iPad connected to tv

mendinfences

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this specific question has been answered elsewhere. I have done an extensive search and am not confident I am on the right track..

I have some video clips I need to show to a group of people. I have downloaded them to my iPad and now successfully connected to my TV for viewing. Now, I would like to use my iPhone to click on the next video as we go along so I don't have to try to wrangle the iPad as it's on a short "leash". <grin>

I've seen several options related to Keynote and Apple TV (remote 2.2) but I just can't tell if they are the right thing.

Thanks for any help you can give!!!!

~linda

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use Apple TV you can unleash your iPad (especially if it's an iPad 2) as it will connect wirelessly to your iPad so you can walk and operate whilst displaying on the TV.

The Archangel

OP
M

mendinfences

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Archangel,

Thanks for the reply. I do not use apple TV, just the Apple adapter and connection cord to the TV.

~linda

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Linda, I only mentioned it because it was in your post......but it really is the easiest way and doesn't involve any other interfaces whilst allowing you mobility whist displaying.

You can often pick up cheap Apple TV's in the refurb section of the Apple Store.......

Ok, I'll shut up now!

The Archangel

OP
M

mendinfences

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, don't be quiet, please!! I am just trying to figure out how to work with what I have. I had decided against the Apple TV based on some other criteria I had (not $), but I'm wondering now ... arrgghhh. I'll dig around in the Keynote stuff some more but I don't think that's the ticket.. Sigh. Thanks again and, please, if other ideas come up, too them over!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts