What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB tethering for web use...

kdog2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was a way to connect an iPad to a smartphone for internet connection. If possible would it matter if it was an android based phone or would it have to be an iPhone?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as your cell phone is capable of creating a hot spot (and your carrier plan allows for it) - you should be able to connect the iPad to your phone. The iPad doesn't care where it gets a WiFi signal. As long as one is being broadcast, you can connect the iPad to it.

Marilyn

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, exactly as Marilyn states: I have an Android Galaxy S3 and use this as the Wifi provider. Again as already mentioned, ensure your plan has 'tethering' as an option, without it you could be in breech of your current terms of contract and could find yourself without a service.

OP
K

kdog2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... well I guess I was hoping I could do just that - connect to a phone so I would't icur hotspot charges....but not in a sneaky way. Ok. My phone has it but its not on my plan, thats why I asked. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts