What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering

mark770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to tether ban iPad 2 to an android based phone to allow Internet connectivity whilst out and about please?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure is, as long as you have a tethering plan (through your carrier) for that Android phone. The iPad doesn't care what device is putting out the wifi signal - as long as there is one, it'll work fine.

Marilyn

OP
M

mark770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sure is, as long as you have a tethering plan (through your carrier) for that Android phone. The iPad doesn't care what device is putting out the wifi signal - as long as there is one, it'll work fine.

Marilyn

Thanks for that, much appreciated

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mark770 said:
Is it possible to tether ban iPad 2 to an android based phone to allow Internet connectivity whilst out and about please?

I can confirm this works well, tethered to my Samsung SGS2 and my wife's HTC Desire.

OP
M

mark770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great, my mobile is also the Samsung Galaxy S2 so I guess there should be no problems. Thanks for the help

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S. Check your phones under settings/wireless and network, the should an option called Mobile AP, use this to get your iPad to connect to the phone and it's very quick and simple to use.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M

mark770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Followed them steps and bingo, just what I was hoping for. Thanks to all for the advice

Most reactions