What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upset from my iPad

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not an IT person but do you think that a game or application may damage my iPad ???
All applications and games are downloaded from Apple store.
Thanks for the help

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not an IT person but do you think that a game or application may damage my iPad ???
All applications and games are downloaded from Apple store.
Thanks for the help

It may misbehave or slow down your iPad. Sometimes it can also interfere with proper syncing and become "hung" up on an app not proceed further. I have on occasion deleted than re-installed an app to remedy issues like what I have described. It has worked for me. I hope that you can get to the Apple store and see if they can help.

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot skimonkey , but how to know which application , this week I have deleted more than 20, and I have noticed that after I removed my iPad cover the problems are less than before , now I using the iPad without cover, strange !!!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't know which one is the misbehaving app. Based on what I have read here in the past, the recommendation is to start by removing 5-10 apps each time than re-test your ipad. Since you have deleted a large amount (not knowing what you have in total), I am not sure if you will be able to discern which app is the problem.

I cannot tell you the reason for your issue to be somewhat resolved by removing the iPad cover. Some believe that it may be part of their problem--but I have not read any evidence based research to prove that.

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know how many times should I reset my iPad ? Once a month, once a year .... Any idea?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have read that performing a monthly reset is always good just as a maintenance task like what we do to our PCs. This is what others have suggested. It really seems like you have done and received quite a few suggestions.

When will you be going to the Apple Store?

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably next week cause it's not near my place, but I will definitely post Apple suggestions for other people who have the same problem know what to do.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you know how many times should I reset my iPad ? Once a month, once a year .... Any idea?

Apple's recommendation is that you should restart your iPad at least once a month. A reset is only recommended if you can not restart the iPad.

That said, there are times when a reset seems to work when a restart does not, and there have been no reports (to my knowledge) of a reset causing problems.

So my recommendation is to restart you iPad once in a while, whenever you think of it and have time, or when you're having problems. Then if that does not work, do a reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot twerppoet for your replies, since I bought my iPad in 2010 I only reset it less than 5 times , and I used not to shut down my iPad but not anymore. but I advice who has iPad 1 to remove the cover if they are facing the same problem as a start (http://www.notcot.com/archives/2010/05/incase-ipad-convertible-book-j.php) this is the cover that I have it's different than iPad 2 and I think the new one for iPad 2 is better .
Again thanks and keep you posted

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Good luck.

I don't know what is going on with your cover, but since the iPad 1 one does not have the magnetic sensor for the auto lock/unlock feature, that's not it.

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to say that my iPad performance is much much better now after 2 days of the reset, again thank you all.

Most reactions