What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS confirms mine WILL NOT be delivered by Sat even though UPS does Sat delivery here

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
=(

They say there is Saturday delivery for my area... but because of the incoming "port" and due to customs that Tuesday April 6th is the scheduled delivery date! I'm disappointed to say the least... I was really excited to get my hands on it on launch day!

I'll just have to live vicariously through the rest of you guys who DO receive yours on Saturday. :(
I checked with Apple because UPS said they do not deliver to my Zip code on Saturday, and they said they are sticking to the Saturday delivery?????

Apple said they "could" have a special deal worked out with UPS...

Now I don't know what to think, I am just going to wait it out

Well mine says:

Delivers on 4/3

Not by or around it says "on"

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just talked to APPLE (long story in another post) and after the "problem" was corrected, I asked about UPS and FedEx.
She told be that both are carriers for the launch and when a shipment is ready, the first to get to the point of origin is the carrier for that shipment. She also said that BOTH carriers have an agreement to deliver on April 3.

Has anyone gotten a FedEx shipment? I have not read all of the forum but it seems to me that all (or most) have been shipped via UPS. :confused:

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are they coming via UPS stateside and then being split up after???? Do they do that??

I have not heard of FedEX being mentioned yet....

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx is the primary shipper of Apple products. Most of the electronics are manufactured in China any more and FedEx's asian hub is where most items fly out of. They are flown to Alaska where they held in a shipping zone until released. Once they are released, they are routed to hub airports and sorted. If I remember right, FedEx has one super hub in Memphis, and about a half dozen other hubs. From the hubs, they generally go by truck or feeder aircraft to distribution centers, and then to the customers.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx is the primary shipper of Apple products. Most of the electronics are manufactured in China any more and FedEx's asian hub is where most items fly out of. They are flown to Alaska where they held in a shipping zone until released. Once they are released, they are routed to hub airports and sorted. If I remember right, FedEx has one super hub in Memphis, and about a half dozen other hubs. From the hubs, they generally go by truck or feeder aircraft to distribution centers, and then to the customers.

Everything I have purchased from Apple has been delivered exactly as you have described and always by FedEx. My question is why all the tracking we are hearing about is UPS? :confused:

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep... I think almost every person so far has mentioned getting a UPS tracking number. I'm sure we'll see some people mention FedEx tracking numbers here before too long but so far I've seen no mention of them yet.

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there is now an "Exception" with my package:
Exception:
Your shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, an unforeseen event has occurred which could result in a change to the Scheduled Delivery Date.

Hopefully this is a GOOD thing... as in if it was scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday the 6th the "change to the Scheduled Delivery Date" means they moved my delivery date up!

One can hope, can't they???

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same "Exception" notification. Also something about UPS Internal Activity in Louisville, KY. Is that what other people are seeing?

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea... mine mentions the Internal Activity in Louisville, KY also.

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there is now an "Exception" with my package:
Exception:
Your shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, an unforeseen event has occurred which could result in a change to the Scheduled Delivery Date.

Hopefully this is a GOOD thing... as in if it was scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday the 6th the "change to the Scheduled Delivery Date" means they moved my delivery date up!

One can hope, can't they???

:) Ha!! Yeah right!! Guess you never heard of 'Murphy', huh? :)

(no NOT RoboCop! Lol!!)

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am certainly no expert but maybe Apple has received complaints from customers and have told UPS to commit to the agreed date of April 3--no sooner, and no later.

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I completed my order 2 minutes after they went on sale and my order has always said "Ships: DELIVERY ON 4/3" while the case I ordered with it said "Ships: by 4/3"

I also have a UPS tracking number and have received the exception messages. I tried prepping a shipment on the UPS site to ship to my house to see if Saturday delivery was available and it was, but I'm not 100% certain that's going to mean THIS order will get here then.

Our UPS driver is notorious for marking a package as "Attempted Delivery" without ever showing up to the house. Which makes little sense to me since we are a suburb of Phoenix.

If it ends up not getting here on Saturday afternoon as expected I'll try and call them to arrange for me to drive down to the depot and pick it up after the truck gets back from deliveries.

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated tracking info now shows an arrival scan in Anchorage, Alaska.

Most reactions

Latest posts