What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZAGG's International Delivery Service Slipping?

LightSaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new here and am sorry that my first post here is a negative one about ZAGG's Keyboard Case which has received such rave reviews (both on their products and their service) and which has drawn me to order it to be delivered to Hong Kong, where I live (Those who ordered this product from the US most likely didn't experience what I experienced and have therefore largely praised their service).

Quick run down of events: Ordered the Keyboard Case (for iPad 2) on the Internet on 15 May 2011 (USPS Priority International, says 6-10 business days to be expected). Checked my Order Status and it says: "On-Hold". After several days, it was still On-Hold so I wrote to ZAGG. They promptly shipped the product on 24 May 2011 citing "out-of-stock" problem. My alarm bell was ringing because there was NO WARNING on the site to say the product was out of stock albeit temporarily. Waited, and waited and on 8 June 2011, wrote to complain again. They said sorry your item was selected for random review of order accuracy and QUALITY CONTROL (mark those words). This is even more puzzling as I was complaining about late delivery, not late dispatch for delivery. The product was said to have shipped on 24 May 2011, I don't know when they conducted their review, before or during delivery? But that to me didn't add up. In that email they promised delivery by 13 May 2011. On 10 June 2011, it arrived. Alas. All the delay was forgiven. Unboxed it. It was such an incredible product. So cool. What I saw next shocked me: the ZAGGmate WAS WARPED!!!!!

Notice this has been almost 1 month since I ordered and delivery was long overdue. To get a defective/damaged product when they said the delay was due to review for QUALITY CONTROL?

Can anyone advise what I can do under your US system? I've since written back to ZAGG and they replied they'd re-fulfill my order but hang on a minute, another 1-2 business days for the re-fulfillment order to ship, another 7-10 business days for it to arrive? What if my order is RANDOMLY selected for review of quality control AGAIN? Here on this site there's a ZAGG guy and I think he should answer to this.

In any event, prospective international customers beware. My order confirmation no. is #IC3521108 if anyone wants to check.

LightSaber

Bigmopotz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my zaggmate in April for delivery to UK. Three weeks later and additional VAT and customs charges later I finally had it. Unfortunately after one day i had no bluetooth and the power switch failed. Contacted Zagg and they promptly issued a replacememt which I received 2 weeks later from their new Ireland replenishment centre. Although I am not entirely happy with the replacement in terms of workmanship (Fussy I know, but they are not cheap) it works and I am now very happy. I cannot praise Zagg enough, their customer service has been excellent and they have compensated me for my less than acceptable experience. i am sorry you have not seemingly had the service you desire and I do not think your experience is wholly representative of their service. I really hope you get a resolution soon.

OP
L

LightSaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG's International Service - Help Needed

Appreciated your comments. As I was trying to say in my post, I didn't expect everyone to experience the same (poor) service I received. Perhaps, I was being unlucky.

Update: I wrote back to complain, among other things, that ZAGG asked me to send the damaged item back, apparently at my own cost. Another update: ZAGG said most likely the item was damaged during transit. I told them the packaging box was not warped/bent and displayed no fold/mark corresponding to the damage or corresponding to anything, for that matter. Basically, the box was not bent/folded at all. ZAGG's reply: (words to similar effect) I think your email has been dealt with (by the offer of re-fulfillment), thank you for doing business with us.

Question is, if anyone here can help, am I obliged in these circumstances, to ship the damaged item back to ZAGG AT MY OWN COST, under the US system? Or any system of a fair society for that matter?

Another question is, the curt answer given by ZAGG: is that what you'd expect from a company like ZAGG?

LightSaber

mobiletranslator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LIght Saber,

It is a tough situation. I am sure Zagg, like any US based company has some clause in their website agreement that you are responsible for shipping after the sale. How much is the cheapest shipping option with tracking information? I think you will have to "pick your battle".

If it is cheap, just consider pay it and get your money back on the product. And moving on with your life.

If the shipping is super expensive, There are a few things you can try to see if they will show some consideration. The strategy is to become a pest to them. (but kindly). However, keep in mind, if their website says you are responsible for shipping returns even if it is because of defects or damage in transit, they may choose to stick to their position. However, it seems odd to me, that if the product is defective or damaged in transit, that you should be be responsible for shipping. It is not the same as returning simply because you changed your mind. You need to re-read the sales agreement.

If you want to pester them to see if they will cover the return shipping, here is what I would try:
1. Call your credit card company and ask if they have any protection against companies that shipout defective products. Ask about the dispute process or "charge back". This is an option if you want your money back, but Zagg refuses to refund you. I would not do it quickly. I would just find out if it is an option. Then let Zagg know that if they don't cover the shipping for their defective product, you will initiate a charge back. That may move them to pay the shipping so they can get the product back. Usually, they can get a credit back from the manufacturing company if they return the product.
2. Also, you can let them know their response to your request to cover return shipping, you may decide to Initiate a complaint on with the Better Business Bureau. Google Zagg BBB Report . This will bring up the link. ( I can't put the link because I am new to this forum, sorry) This private organization is a reporting service for complaints. They mediate complaints as well. don't rush in to this.. just let them know you will do it if necessary. THey may choose to credit you or pay shipping just to not deal with BBB process.

i think your argumentation should be that they are asking you to pay return shipping on a defective damaged item. IN reality either zagg should cover it or the shipping company.

I can't promise any of this will work. But sometimes, companies will give in and pay, just to get rid of a complaining customer because of the costs involved in handling calls and emails. Or the cost of dealing with a charge back or BBB complaint. Meaning.. if you initiate those things, their staff will have to use their time to resolve it. So if they are real business people, they will calculate the cost. If it is cheaper to pay your return shipping instead of dealing with charge back disputes and BBB resolution, they may just pay the return shipping and even refund your money once they receive it back. But again, it depends on the management style.

I hope it works out.

Mobile Translator

OP
L

LightSaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for not following up on this post. I've actually forgotten my password for posting until all of a sudden I clicked and am now able to post my reply. Thanks to mobiletranslator for his most constructive advice. I actually did not have to do any of those things suggested by you because ZAGG came to their senses and waived the request for return shipment of the defective/damaged item. This they did shortly after my second post here on 16 June 2011 so it is my guess that someone from ZAGG has been monitoring this forum but he would rather sort things out from the background instead of overtly admitting a mistake. So, to give credit where it's due, ZAGG has pacified a disgruntled customer and this forum has helped (I believe) in bringing some sense to ZAGG. The keyboard case is a good product and I'm still using it. In fact I'm typing this post with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts