What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS confirms mine WILL NOT be delivered by Sat even though UPS does Sat delivery here

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does seem very strange, with Delivered on April 3rd plastered all over since pre-order began that they would not have them here by then. Seems strange that when they get in the pipeline that they would not just be delivered. i am hoping to see mine sooner but still have not seen my tracking number show up in UPS computer. I guess they have a million of them to put in so it might take awhile.

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is crazy--not a UPS fan here, much prefer FedEx!! I will be surprised if Apple lets this happen. :confused:

Still waiting for even "prepared to ship"--I did not order on the first day though. :(

Mine is at 'Prepared to Ship' and I preordered on 03/19... It doesn't say who the carrier will be yet...

Is it a either or between UPS and FedEx? Or are they all coming by UPS? I'm not a big fan of UPS...

:(

I suspect the shipments go out bundled by area - I ordered in the first minute and still says prepared for shipment

Richard
ft lauderdale

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The waiting is almost unbearable, it seems that all other mobile or tablet manufactures are playing the catch up game.
The competition only lengthens the game,
great for the gadget hounds!!

twhalen4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done some checking on my Ipad that shows origin scanned early this morning, it shows no arrival date, when I talked with UPS international service they could give me no information and told me to talk with the shipper, what I did find is that the UPS site has the below information on Saturday deliveries

Saturday Delivery: Saturday delivery service is available for UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS 2nd Day Air® shipments to most major metropolitan areas and from Canada to the United States. It is also offered for UPS Worldwide Express Plus and UPS Worldwide Express for shipments to Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom in major metropolitan areas. With some services, Saturday delivery is available for Returns shipments that have a return-to address in the United States and Puerto Rico. </SPAN>

My iPad shows shipping under Worldwide Services it doesn’t indicate anything about the Express Services.

I think we may have all been duped, on thinking that we would be getting this thing on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday may be at best. If anyone has any ideas, I would certainly like there opinion on how else this may be working.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we may have all been duped, on thinking that we would be getting this thing on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday may be at best. If anyone has any ideas, I would certainly like there opinion on how else this may be working.
For a shipment of this size it is possible/probably that Apple made special arrangements with UPS and/or Fedex. Every time I have pre-ordered a product from Apple (Leopard, Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS), it has been delivered on release day as Apple promised. I see no reason not to expect the same service with the iPad.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
=(

They say there is Saturday delivery for my area... but because of the incoming "port" and due to customs that Tuesday April 6th is the scheduled delivery date! I'm disappointed to say the least... I was really excited to get my hands on it on launch day!

I'll just have to live vicariously through the rest of you guys who DO receive yours on Saturday. :(

Brobar have you gotten a UPS tracking response yet? Maybe they are going to get through the customs stuff early???:eek:

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You want to hear something crazy? When I ordered my iPad on the 03/18, I ordered an extra cord for my iPod. It was shipped from SHENZHEN CN on 03/19 was in Pittsburgh on 03/20, and was delivered (by FedEx) and had to be signed for on 03/22 which was a Monday. If my one little cord traveled so fast, I have to believe that Apple has this under control. Do you think either FedEx or UPS wants to annoy SJ?? :confused:

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you imagine the arm twisting!?

We want to ship a million pieces all the same shape and weight. What kind of deal can you do for me? If you give me a good deal maybe I will use you for the next million.

Brasky12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The shipping confirmation email (at least
on mine) says "ships by" Apr 3rd
- key word "by" - could that mean it ships sooner???

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you imagine the arm twisting!?

We want to ship a million pieces all the same shape and weight. What kind of deal can you do for me? If you give me a good deal maybe I will use you for the next million.

Exactly--and I would think they would jump through hoops to keep a company like APPLE happy!;)

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine says

Delivers by Apr 03, 2010

I am hoping for sooner, won't know to much until tracking numbers are in UPS's system.

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting for my shipping info. My order status still says prepared for shipment. Here's hoping mine is on time. I live outside Boston and my area does have Sat. delivery!

Brasky12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done some checking on my Ipad that shows origin scanned early this morning, it shows no arrival date, when I talked with UPS international service they could give me no information and told me to talk with the shipper, what I did find is that the UPS site has the below information on Saturday deliveries

Saturday Delivery: Saturday delivery service is available for UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS 2nd Day Air® shipments to most major metropolitan areas and from Canada to the United States. It is also offered for UPS Worldwide Express Plus and UPS Worldwide Express for shipments to Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom in major metropolitan areas. With some services, Saturday delivery is available for Returns shipments that have a return-to address in the United States and Puerto Rico. </SPAN>

My iPad shows shipping under Worldwide Services it doesn’t indicate anything about the Express Services.

Under my UPS shipment notification, under "service" it says "EXPRESS" -- I wonder of that means the express
services you mentioned above?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
=(

They say there is Saturday delivery for my area... but because of the incoming "port" and due to customs that Tuesday April 6th is the scheduled delivery date! I'm disappointed to say the least... I was really excited to get my hands on it on launch day!

I'll just have to live vicariously through the rest of you guys who DO receive yours on Saturday. :(
I checked with Apple because UPS said they do not deliver to my Zip code on Saturday, and they said they are sticking to the Saturday delivery?????

Apple said they "could" have a special deal worked out with UPS...

Now I don't know what to think, I am just going to wait it out

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine Denver area residents not getting the iPad on April 3rd. I used to work in a UPS call center and trust me... those folks are paid $8 per hour and are experts at NOTHING!

For big releases like this Apple usually has it worked out with the shippers to clear customs and be delivered when they say. Don't sweat it so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts