What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading pics on FB using safari

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble uploading a pic from my photos to facebook. Only way I can do it is if I use the FB app. Now I want to send pics via my FB email and I cant on safari and I refuse to download messenger app to send it via email on my FB app. What am I doing wrong....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 8 Safari has a bug that's preventing picture uploads to most sites. Some third party browses like Puffing and Chrome have been reported as working. If you have a third party browser, give it a try.

Chrome is free.

Puffin has a free trial version, good for 15 days. It's also handy to have around for those occasional sites that still use Flash or Java.

I have not heard one way or the other, but here are some other popular third party browses you can try.

Atomic
iCab Mobile
Mercury.

OP
P

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you...I ended up, against my better judgement, downloading the messenger app, so I'm now able to send pics from the FB app

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I just posted this same question on the iPad Air forum! I should have looked here first. Chrome and Atomic didn't work for me either. I'll just use the app for any photo uploads for now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just saw people saying that neither Atomic nor Chrome works. No idea if it ever did. This makes me suspect it's a problem with built in web kit.

Puffin still seems to work for at least one member. That makes sense, since Puffin does not use web kit.

Most reactions