What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 8.1.2 and FB login

Martina Bovell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On iPad 8.1.2, the FB app keeps asking me to enter my pwd via 'settings/general/FB', but when I do, there is no highlighted 'done' or 'enter' to take me back to my acct, just a 'Delete Account' button. It doesn't ask for email and pwd, just email. It overrides the area on the fb app which asks for email and pwd. So, I can't login. Have checked FB details on my PC - all good. Updated to 8.1.2 only last week- no probs previously. iPad was purchased in 2012 (too old?). Me, or a glitch with 8.1.2?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you mean Settings > FaceBook? It's not under General. FaceBook has it's own settings.

Anyway, try tapping your name, deleting the account, and entering it again.

For some reason, once your account is entered it displays first.last user name instead of the email you signed up with.

This may disable account access for some apps. You'll have to re-associate them in those apps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If twerppoet's assistance didn't help, can you take a screenshot of the area you are in [that is giving you issue]? Remember to remove any/all identifying info such as your e-mail address, last name, etc...

Marilyn

OP
M

Martina Bovell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you mean Settings > FaceBook? It's not under General. FaceBook has it's own settings.

Anyway, try tapping your name, deleting the account, and entering it again.

For some reason, once your account is entered it displays first.last user name instead of the email you signed up with.

This may disable account access for some apps. You'll have to re-associate them in those apps.

Terrific! ipad legend. That you are! I was hesitant to 'delete' the account, thinking it might delete it wholesale, not just on the app.

OP
M

Martina Bovell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If twerppoet's assistance didn't help, can you take a screenshot of the area you are in [that is giving you issue]? Remember to remove any/all identifying info such as your e-mail address, last name, etc...

Marilyn
Marilyn, it worked. Many thanks for your offer.

Most reactions