What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading Docs from Pages to Dropbox (or any other way...)

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
viningc said:
OpenOffice Writer works on both Windows and OSX but there is no iPad version. I routinely switch documents back and forth to work on using whichever computer I happen to be sitting at and have never had any trouble. Since OpenOffice is user developed, I keep hoping they will release an iPad version.

OpenOffice is no longer being developed. Oracle dropped it last year. But another group has carried it on as LibreOffice, which is a fork of OpenOffice.

Last edited:

The_Fuzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Cubby for a few weeks now. Had to wait a long time to be invited to the beta but definately worth it. I am currently using Skydrive and Dropbox. Skydrive I find way too slow and Dropbox works well. Cubby is similar to Dropbox but the loading of docs from the iPad is quicker than Dropbox. Only thing with Cubby is that I cant see how to edit a file once you have opened the file through Cubby. There are no links to "open in" or email etc. I did send them an email today so I am just waiting but so far I am very impressed plus you get 5g free with Cubby.

My_iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader has an option to upload files to DropBox and other servers. You could type the paper in Pages, email it to yourself, open in GoodReader and upload to DropBox. It sounds like a hassle however for those not wanting to spend money on a service, this could be a workable solution.

debradaley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OpenOffice Writer works on both Windows and OSX but there is no iPad version.As for iCloud, you don't save files to iCloud, you sync them. In order to do this you must first turn on Documents & Data .

Jjmonty82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible to save to Dropbox from pages.
Just tap tools, share and print, open in another app, save as a word file, and then choose to open the word document in Dropbox. Save it to Dropbox and you are done.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's possible to save to Dropbox from pages.
Just tap tools, share and print, open in another app, save as a word file, and then choose to open the word document in Dropbox. Save it to Dropbox and you are done.

Yep. That feature was just added to Pages, shortly after the iOS 6 update.

Most reactions