What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs to Go files to Dropbox

mactoolsix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several Docs to Go files, on an ipad mini, which were sync'd from a laptop. I would like to save them in DropBox as we will be traveling on an extensive vacation.

Can someone lead me thru the steps to upload these files from the ipad mini into dropbox?
I have the dropbox app on the ipad. I have a dropbox already setup.

Is it possible to have the docs to go files sync automatically with dropbox? I wanted to just sync them with an icloud, however Apple tells me that's not possible. Maybe there's a "windows icloud" that will work?

Thanks!!
Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The DropBox app must be installed and signed into on your iPad.

In Docs to Go, open the file and look for the Share/Action icon. It looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it, up in iOS 8, curved to the right in iOS 6 and 7.

This icon might also be available in the file listing view, after you select one or more files. It varies a lot between apps.

If you are on iOS 7 or earlier, use the Open In option and choose DropBox. This will open and copy (not move) the file to DropBox, letting you choose a destination folder.

In iOS 8 you can copy a file to DropBox without opening the app. The fist line of icons (the color ones) may already show DropBox. If not, scroll right and tap the More icon. You can turn on the DropBox share action from there.

If this sounds a bit vague, it's because I don't have Docs to Go. I'm working from general principles. If those aren't enough to get you where you need to go, let us know. Hopefully someone who has Docs to Go can offer more precise instructions.

Most reactions

Latest posts